Not cutting all the way through on the right side of cutting area

Hi, I bought my Glowforge a few months ago and I’ve been having an issue where the right side of my GlowForge does NOT cut all the way through - like the middle and left side. This has been quite annoying so to combat this, I’ve had to increase the power on the leather to compensate for the right side.

I called and left a VM after I received the unit and I know Glowforge reached out but I work full-time, have a family and it’s only annoying so I’ve just worked around it.

Now, I’m starting to use the unit more and I need this corrected. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Today I ran a camera calibration and now I can see how obvious it is. The left side and middle all seem fine, however; the right 4 logos get progressively less “deep” in the scoring.

I’m at a loss on how to fix this. I’ve cleaned the lenses multiple times since owning it and now that I’ve run the calibration, I can see how bad it is.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

If the optics are not properly aligned, the prints on the right side of the bed will not be good. This is not something that users can adjust. You need to email Glowforge support and supply photos of the prints failing on the right side of the bed.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Is there something specific I should “print”? Typically, I cut leather for wallets and such and the right side never cuts all the way through but the left and middle are fine.

I just called and sent another email.

You can print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material with Proofgrade settings. Place the design on the right side of the bed. After it prints, take photos of the front and back and email them to Support along with the date and time of the print.

2 Likes

Thank you! Will do!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.