Not cutting through and going into Cool down mode

I’ve had my machine a couple of months, with probably less than average use. It started not cutting all the way through birch, especially on one side, so I cleaned the machine, cleaned the air assist fan, took off back exhaust hose to make sure there was no blockage. Double checked air assist fan to make sure I put it together properly. It still isn’t cutting all the way through, so I set it to do 2 passes, and it stopped to cool down. Have not had this issue before. What could this be? What else can I check?

You said you’ve cleaned the machine, but I just want to be thorough - did you specifically clean the lenses and mirrors as well?

Yes, and the fan on the printer head.

was your material totally flat or warped at all?

Totally flat. I checked that. It started last Friday, so I cleaned everything, and then was having issues with flames, so I took off the air assist fan again, cleaned again and verified I put it back together correctly. Now still having the same issues with not cutting through in places and on one side of the machine more so than the other. I’ve cleaned the tray and under the tray, made sure tray is seated.

Someone else was having this problem and they had put the air assist fan back in backwards. Maybe double check that - it’s a super easy mistake to make.

1 Like

That’s what I checked tonight when I took apart again. I think I may have had it wrong after doing it on Saturday.

Chances are that support will need to see the result of a print of the Gift of Good Measure on proofgrade materials and proofgrade settings. If the print fails, post photos along with the date and time of the print.

Thanks!

Hi @joannm, I see you also emailed us about this issue and we’re working on it there. To avoid duplication of communication, I’m going to close this topic.