Not cutting through PG materials

First time using my Glowforge, I’ve tried printing 2 Gift of Good Measures and a gift tag. Not only is it not cutting through but the engraving isn’t showing up. This is on medium draft board, system settings.

There is a problem with your machine; this behavior is not typical. I would check that the lens is in correctly. The lines on the cuts are way too wide. Check that all the lenses are clean also.

5 Likes

Please unplug the machine and do not attempt to use it again until Support can take a look at that picture.

There is something badly wrong with the focusing on the machine. If i had to guess, I would wonder if the lens was missing. (They’ll get you fixed up, but don’t try to run it until they can analyze it for you.)

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you hit this snag with your new Glowforge. I appreciate you taking the time to send over the images of your recent prints. I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.