Not detecting artwork - Resolved

I’m fairly new to glowforge, but i’m trying to engrave onto proofgrade. I did something on the other side, flipped it in place, and now just want to add the last touch. However. it’s saying artwork isn’t detected even with the engrave option on it?

I’ve deleted the design, reuploaded, and tried jpeg, bmp, and svg photos. I’ve refreshed the browser multiple times, went back to home multiple times, and restarted glowforge repeatedly as well. The only thing that seems to have happened is now the design seems to have gotten worse? Before the outside cut and engrave lines (that are now being ignored) were in the exact same place and looked like the same line. Now it also seems more off center, and even on proofgrade lately my images on camera and where they print have been slightly off, so i’m worried that if it finally prints it will be off-center. I’d like to be able to at least try to print it though.

1 Like

One thing to keep in mind is that the printable margin for engraving is different from that of cutting (it’s smaller). So if you place an operation at the extreme edge of the cutting area, when you go to engrave it might not be in the engravable area. If you are trying to reach that last bit of material and you have a Pro, you can push the material through the slot sideways to reach it. Otherwise you’ll have to cut down the piece a bit.

3 Likes

I appreciate that and will certainly keep it in mind! However, i’m just trying to engrave in the middle of where I have already both cut and engraved, a solid 2 inches from any edges. (The dark circle was already engraved on the other side before I flipped this over)

Check the speed for the second engrave - it might have defaulted to a faster speed and that is going to change the margins.

3 Likes

It worked, thank you!!!

12 Likes

Gosh, that’s cute! (cat lover here)

3 Likes

That is really cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Cute lid for your kitty cans.

Thanks for the answer @Jules, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like