Not earth-shattering...Just a sled

Haha! Most people are like “are you ok?” And thank you!

1 Like

to my capabilities of design, this is earth shattering…

2 Likes

Thank you! Didn’t mean that to sound flippant. Just trying to be funny.

2 Likes

You just need to make yourself a Dane Cart and put him to work :slightly_smiling_face:

It would work as a sled too I suppose.

6 Likes

no worries, it was funny lol

2 Likes

Love your sled. When I saw it—-instantly a great childhood memory pop up.

My childhood home sat on top of a great BIG hill. When it snowed all the kids and teenagers would bring their sleds. There was probably 50 kids from the neighborhood. No parents just kids having a great time. No helmets, kneepads or anything for protection. This was mid 70s to early 80s. My brother went down that hill hundreds of times. He NEVER got injured!!

UPDATE —- My brother purchased his home right next to our parent’s home. A few years back, he told me “My kids will NEVER slide down the hill— it is dangerous!”

13 Likes

What a fun ride that would be…

2 Likes

In the early 80s, the sleds were replaced with great big inner tubes. Sliding down the hill was awesome — walking back up through the snowy, grassy yards was strenuous.

After a few hours my parents and a few other parents showed up with hot cocoa for everyone.

The innocence of childhood never to be forgotten!

10 Likes

Wow that is awesome!

We were tubing back in the 70’s on the snow and down the creek in the summer.

1 Like

My home is 40 miles away from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

In the mid-80s the snow tubes were now being used to go tubing in the mountains. I only did it two or three times. My father owned a landscape/lawn maintenance company that catered to large East TN. estates and I was working the entire summer.

1 Like

When the wife retires we are going to retire to the Smokies. We own a cabin on 3 acres just outside Gatlinburg. Cant wait to get there, The Mountains are Calling…

3 Likes

It’s perfect! So when are you going to start offering a lifetime subscription to your files, like MakeCNC? :wink:

3 Likes

Back in the day the Coca-Cola signs were domed enameled steel discs, red with white lettering. There was a stack of the big ones, about 4 feet in diameter stored on edge nested together - right inside the open gate of the coke distribution yard… And there was a park right behind the place with a long sloping hill… Yeah, we did.
All 4 of us could fit in it.
The first run in the deep snow created a track. Every run after that was faster, soon like a bobsled track. Most fun I ever had sledding.

Watching Rick ride down his driveway, at once the family patriarch and still a child at heart gave me a big smile. If I only still had that coke sign I would ride it!
I have gotten looks from people flying my life in the neighborhood. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
If you grow up all the way something has been lost.

Nice scale reproduction of a childhood treasure there @designvh619! Thanks for stirring those memories!

5 Likes

Gorgeous. It’s earth-shattering to me, because if someone said “make a sled”, I wouldn’t be able to come up with that. Super work!

6 Likes

Well that is gorgeous! From your title I did not expect to see this little beauty. It is awesome!

2 Likes

HAHA…Except I would be the one pulling. LOL

2 Likes

I actually thought about that. I know people have had success on some of the subscription sites. Something to definitely think more about!

4 Likes

Haha. Reminds me of my childhood. We lived out in the country on a dirt road at the top of a hill. I could hop on my sled after a good run and follow the road right to the edge of town. It even had a hill in the middle we kids named “the big hill” (something happened there cause the last time I saw it it was more of a hump) which, if the road was icy enough we could go right over and down the other side just with momentum. Unfortunately it was an unlighted road in the woods and a very long scary walk back for a little kid.

5 Likes

Looks like the sled I had as a young boy

3 Likes