Not looking good for us at all

No. I’m just an early adopter/customer. :upside_down:

1 Like

He did – Adam did a quick sketch and then they showed the GlowForge in action…not the penny one but right on the material

really? Are you not reading the posts? Yes, he did that. And it had some problems where the autofocus for the height of the material was to blame for it being off as it got towards the edges.

That functionality is still not there, even though the “bulk” of the tracing is. Seriously…

Very confused-- all I said was that we saw one working from material laying down to finished work – his sketch going to etch.

Deep breath…it will all come out OK in the end, and if it isn’t OK, then it isn’t the end…

2 Likes

what I am saying is what you posted is a feature that has been shown a lot, but is still incomplete - a fact that might have been missed by most, and assumed to be done given the press that it has had (I certainly did).

The nuances of the failures in that video are exactly what makes the potential of the glowforge great. If we had better visibility on what software items were still left, it would be much better to get confidence on what is still left to do. But until @dan or someone from the staff comments on it officially, saying that its done because there is a video of it is not really correct…I recall seeing a video back in 2015 that showed a product that looked done too…

Could be fake video to keep your money here lol. I feel they should at least refund people money and let them keep there place in line since they cant keep a official release date.

meh…

I think the discounted rate is the reward for early adoption and seeing the project through. You jump out of line, you lose your spot and the discount. Only seems fair that you can not get out of line then wait til the last minute and jump back in at the front. You did not commit for the whole ride.

Never invest more than you’re willing to lose, and pre-ordering non-existant product is not for the faint of heart.

6 Likes

Kinda makes no sense when they gave us a release date and a price. They
received the money on time and we still have not received a working product
with the date we received. That’s why people make deadlines.

Kinda weird how the price for the pro is almost 6k today when we are still
in the same position a year later when I paid 4K for the same pro. It’s a
lot of scams out there I just hope this is not one of them if it is this
will be the best scam every lol with good promise videos.

@dan and the Glowforge team never set a hard release date. Any date they have ever mentioned was always more of a range, and always came with the caveat “if all goes as planned”.

To put this into perspective, the automotive industry has been around 100+ years. The manufacturers still have safety and reliability recalls on their products and they have to ask governments for bail outs. Nobody goes off on them for delays on releasing new car models, or having to get repairs done or recalls taken care of on a product that “should be damn perfect by now after 100 years in development”… not to mention management that should have enough data after 100 years to make informed decisions to remain financially stable.

But yet we have a higher standard for a start-up company? They’re not allowed to say “Ah, we’d rather delay this thing than send you something that’s going to set your house on fire”?

Yeah the delay sucks, Im no more happy about it than anyone else, but this is the risk that people have to understand they’re signing up for when they pre-order something that’s not yet in production. You have to expect things like this will happen.

5 Likes

@mpipes, the question is how many times…3? 4? 12?

Would you be willing purchase a glowforge in September of 2015 if you knew it would take 2 years to get it?
Probably not.

Almost all projects slip. that is a fact in most industries. The projects that go 200% beyond their original timeline - well, most of those get cancelled or tank the business.

This is not a regular start up they have 28 million. Regular start up ask
for half of the money not the full amount they are selling them for at that
time. Dan have reschedule 2 times and as I remember they told me I would be
getting my printer at the end of December until we got close to December.
He makes you feel like it’s possible then when it’s around the corner I
break it to you lol. I am sure he knew the whole time it was not going to
be ready at the end of December. I prefer him to tell me the truth not wait
to the last couple of weeks to break it to me. Cars are own a whole
different level at least they release the car and warranty it for more then
18 months we will be getting with this printer.

1 Like

I agree with this he needs to just tell us the truth it’s starting to look
like a scam. I wish I invest my money into the model 3 telsa pre orders at
least I know they will tell the truth about release dates.

Lol no. Plenty of startups and kickstarters for that matter give no discount whatsoever. There’s certainly no rule, even an unspoken one, that says they should.

If you sincerely think this is a scam - which it clearly isn’t, since scammers don’t operate at all like the staff of this place do - you should get your money back (something else a scam wouldn’t let you do).

Also, it’s hilarious that you use Tesla as an example of truthful shipping dates since the only thing Elon Musk is better at than being awesome is giving bad product delivery dates.

8 Likes

I see the model 3 is being pushed back. Some dates expecting sometime in 2018; Car and Driver shooting for 2019.

2 Likes

Yeah, just like every other Tesla launch. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big supporter of what they do, they’re just a bad example of hitting delivery estimates, lol.

5 Likes

Telsa only asking for 1k at preorders. Anything can be scam he can refund
all of us and it still be count as scam. He can easily get all of are money
deposit in my some banks and make interest for 2 years on all of are money.
I am not saying it’s a scam but for 2 years we deserve more then some gift
cards lol. I would not be upset if he just tell us the truth instead of
giving us the run around then last minute sorry there’s another delay.
Couple days ago he had everybody thinking they were getting there printer
in December with that email then he tell us the end of the day on December
1 I failed. Lol he already knew it was not being ship in December why give
us hope to let us down.

Okay man. Have a good day.

1 Like

It’s known as the Planning Fallacy. One of the defining principles of the theory is that when the original deadline is reached, it is observed as being originally overly optimistic but full confidence is placed in the new projections as realistic.

3 Likes

These are questions you aren’t going to get answers to no matter how many times you ask them. It’s akin to pounding ones head against a wall. It’s not good for your health.

4 Likes