Not old enough to sign for package

So apparently in the US, Glowforges are being shipped with the requirement that someone over the age of 21 signs for it, despite not containing any alcohol or tobacco. I’m 20, and therefore FedEx is refusing to release the package to me. I don’t have any parents who can sign for the package since I live on the other side of the country from them. I sent an email for support but I only have 5 days to deal with this until they send the package back so I figured I’d post here as well, seeing as there’s no phone number to call. FedEx claims this requirement can be removed by the shipper.

1 Like

whoa. that’s nuts. i’ve seen a lot of people say that fedex is signing for them or just letting anyone sign for the package (in an office building this has happened several times). this seems extreme. do you have a friend who is 21? who is on the receipt as the buyer?

2 Likes

I’m the recipient, tried to bring a roommate in but they required proof that he lived in the same house, which neither of us have since we all just moved

Man. Fedex is wacky. One of the 'Forges we got, they left it in the middle of the driveway. Made zero attempt to knock on the door. I had no idea it was outside, only noticed when I went out there to place trash in the bin.

1 Like

I’ve gotten FedEx packages with holes in them before, stuff left in the street upside down, FedEx is frankly the worst package service I’ve ever worked with. People complain about DHL being horrible but nah, FedEx is without a doubt as bad as it gets. Not to mention they also ruined Kinko’s after buying them out.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.