Not recognizing filter

hello.
I have the filter from glow forge attached to the machine, it will not recognize it at all. how do I tell the machine the filter is attached and running.

1 Like

2 Likes

it will not allow me to click that button

For what its worth, I don’t have the external filter and it lets me click it.

Does the upper right say ‘Ready?’ Going off memory, I think the filet switch is grayed out/unclickable while the gf is focusing, preparing your design, etc. so it has to be clicked before you send the design to the printer (before you click Print).

1 Like

Send it back. Keep sending them back until you have a working unit. It’s up to glowforge to send out working units, From what others(myself included) have experienced they cant seem to do that. The users should not have to do their Quality Control for them.

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble while using the app. May I have information about which web browser you’re using? Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Also, please take a screenshot showing what you see in the app when this happens. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed & app window as possible.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

I understand that you have soured on Glowforge as a product and company. I am sorry you have had a bad experience. I don’t think, however, that your posts are particularly helpful to people who are genuinely trying to get assistance.

5 Likes

Misery loves company. :rofl:

2 Likes

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. The best piece of advice I could have gotten was to send my faulty unit back. Instead I wasted the entire warranty period trying to troubleshoot and fix the issues myself.

You do realize that customers can’t just send back units without going through Support unless they want to foot the very hefty shipping bills themselves don’t you?

In this particular thread the issue is in the web based GFUI and not at all related to the physical unit so the advice to “send it back” is factually unhelpful.

7 Likes

Yes it’s right after uploading an image before print

I would follow the glowforge staff instructions above in the thread-that’s the way to get sorted out.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.