Not seeing entire bed on computer screen

I can not see the entire bed on my computer screen, therefore I’m having to guess if my design is on my material or not. I’ve tried set focus and still nothing.

Welcome to the forum.
Can you zoom out on your computer? The viewable area of the Glowforge bed is only the area that is accessible by the printhead, so you won’t ever see an entire piece of Proofgrade material. When you look at the Glowforge printhead in the home position, you will note that it cannot print behind itself or to the left of the home position. That area will not actually show on your computer screen.

1 Like

Hold down the CTRL Key and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out. I hope this is what you want.

1 Like

@beverlydrivers I hope those tips help! Were you able to zoom out your screen?

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins