Not showing entire board in camera

For some reason I am not seeing about the top 2" of my board in printer I’ve restarted and manually pushed gantry and laser head to home then restarted…also moved print head under camera and restarted
The zoom with mouse only makes image bigger or smaller Its like camera is cutting off material for some reason?

Also the gantry and laser head are stopping short about the distance I am not seeing from home I guess?

Can you share a screenshot of what you are (or are not) seeing. As for the gantry stopping short, is there something on the rail that stops it from returning to the home position. We have never been able to see the top 1" of the board.

1 Like

This is normal, there’s always a strip at the top and left that can’t be seen.

2 Likes

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

To be sure, could you include a screenshot of what you see on app.glowforge.com?

Hello @whisperingmetalworks.

Its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in. If you feel like you’re still having an issue with your Glowforge, could you please send us a screenshot of your display? Or, if everything is good now, could you please let us know that as well? Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.