Not working won't center

When I turn on the glowforge it won’t center? I had my glowforge a bit over a year, and since day one all I had is problems and I barely use it.

There is a series of tests you can run through here to eliminate potential problems and check for a possible bad lid cable (which is an easy fix.) Run through the tests listed and let support know what the results are so they can check for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Jules, it’s still not working, when I turn it on the head is not moving at all.

Okay, now you can just wait to hear from Support. If none of that worked, it might be a bad lid cable (which they can send you a replacement for) but they need to review your logs after those tests you ran.

I am so sorry your Glowforge is having trouble centering!

Thank you for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Can I have you check a few more things as well? If you see a step you’ve already done, just let me know that you skipped it.

The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

Everything looks fine, and all the cables are plugged in properly.

Hi @pablopodesta085,

Thank you for checking that out for us. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem.

I will follow up with you via email with details about getting a replacement.

2 Likes