Novelty Pet Name Tags

The idea for novelty pet tags has been tickling the back of my mind for a while. I made an acrylic pet tag for my own dog ages ago and it’s stood the test of time (so far!), so I thought I’d make a few different ones for an upcoming market I will be attending this weekend.

I am particularly in love with the UFO! And I think the sheriff and deputy badges are just too cute.

I used two-coloured acrylic that I bought for another project that didn’t work out. Hopefully, it will now be put to good use!
UPDATE!
Two more designs have been added to the collection.

42 Likes

I think I need to look into the 2 color acrylic because those look great! Not to mention the designs! I did one for a family member on white acrylic with the St Louis skyline on it for a dog names Louie.

5 Likes

I made a plain one for my daughter’s dog when they moved to a new city, to tide them over til they got a metal one. Don’t you just love being able to whip up something useful at a moment’s notice??

6 Likes

These are so fun and cool, the UFO is my fave!

2 Likes

Ooh! That sounds awesome! I’d love to see a picture if you have one.
The two-coloured acrylic is lots of fun. You really should try it out. I also made these out of it:

(Don’t mind the little engraving oopsie on the body!)

10 Likes

I made a simple heart-shaped one for my own dog while these were percolating in my mind. She’s going to get an upgrade! I think it will be the UFO.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have some more designs floating around my head. We’ll see how well these go over first though.

2 Likes

These are adorable. I love the cowboy hat!

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought the cowboy hat was kind of fun. And the bronze acrylic was perfect for it.

1 Like

Those are very cool!

3 Likes

I love these! I suggest adding some girly ones for girl dogs.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I am working on some more designs. I did just get an order for a pink cowboy hat.

2 Likes

I LOVE that alien one! Where do you get your two colored acrylic? I was looking on Amazon but some of the reviews said it melted in their laser and now I’m weary of it. I need black/white. Thanks!

1 Like

@kristieboe I’m in Canada and I get my acrylic from Trotec. https://www.engraving-supplies.ca/laser-materials/plastic.html

They have some interesting faux leather made just for lasers that is two-coloured as well. I really want to try that out sometime too!

1 Like

Love the looks. And very original.

1 Like

Dog lover here. These are adorable!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

What settings are you using? I tried using the preset settings for medium acrylic for the 2-tone, and its ok, but I feel like it could look better. Thanks for your help!