November 2022 Update

Recently, I’ve spent hours hunched over my Glowforge: designing a dreidel for Chanukah, updating our pepper grinder, and some gifts for family. (Don’t worry, I’m not spoiling any surprises.) I love every step in the process, from thinking up a new idea to seeing it sitting in front of me, right there in the real world. It’s one of the great joys of owning a Glowforge: that you can dream something up and then work to bring it to life.

Sometimes, though, I want to play. You know the feeling, when you just want a magic toybox full of infinity, where you can just click and create things. So I find myself turning more and more to the Glowforge Catalog.

My daughter said, “I think I want some fall earrings. I’m not sure I have time to design them, but I bet they have something perfect in the Catalog.” And you know, she was right. She found a design for cherry blossom earrings. She clicked print. It took five minutes. She made a set for her and her friend, and they wore them to school the same day.

That kind of “click and print” is a different kind of magic, and it’s every bit as special as creating something from scratch.

To keep the magic flowing, we’ve got plenty of great things to announce this month, from an easy way to find gift designs to some major savings on Glowforge printers. So let’s get to it!

• We’ve compiled the best printable gifts just for you
  • The year’s biggest Proofgrade sale
  • Our Holiday Magic Bundle on a new printer
  • NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION: sneak peek at our Black Friday sale tomorrow

Meet our Homemade Holidays Gift Guide

It’s not always easy finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list. Brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, close friends to folks you want to reconnect with—you want to give them all your best, and that takes time and thought.

We’re here to help.

I’m amazed at the thousands of prints we have in the Catalog now. It’s honestly a little hard to keep track of them. I know there are great gifts in there, but sometimes even I don’t even know where to begin.

That’s why we’ve done something really special for the season: our Homemade Holidays Gift Guide. It’s a collection of thoughtful designs for the special people in your life, so you’re sure to find the perfect match.

Know a little one interested in tinkering with machines? Why not surprise them with a collection of airplane models, including a biplane and a seaplane? They look great, are fun to assemble, and with a little imagination they’ll have kids “flying” in no time.

Or maybe you’re upgrading dad’s aging iPad this year. Why not print a customized leather cover? You can personalize it with his name and a heartfelt message, for a gift he’ll remember.

For the bookworm in your life, there’s a book nook cafe full of friendly creatures. A multi-game box set is a great way to bring family and friends together. A refillable travel diary and passport wallet makes a unique gift for globe-trotters.

The Homemade Holidays Gift Guide features our most inspired gifts, all ready for you to make your own. Keep checking in as we add more gifts throughout the season!

The year’s biggest Proofgrade sale

One of the great things about Glowforge is that, together, we all have the superpower to make unique, personalized gifts. We can find the perfect thing, and then add a loved one’s name to it, or a beautiful picture or engraving. Then we click “print” and have something that’ll put a smile on their faces—a smile that could never come from a store.

That’s the joy of giving: watching someone’s face light up when they open the perfect gift. It’s the kind of joy we all want to spread.

Once you’ve found that special design and made it your own, it really is as easy as hitting “print” to make it a reality.

Still, we thought it could be easier for everyone to spread the joy of giving, which is why we’re having a great big holiday sale on Proofgrade materials. (Seriously, it’s our biggest of the year.) Our best-loved products are now up to 50% off, so you can print the perfect gifts for everyone on your list.

Don’t miss out—this sale ends December 1.

Our Holiday Magic Bundle

Giving is the spirit of the season, but it’s a spirit that can last all year. If there’s a “giver” on your list—someone who shares their love by making things for others—we have the perfect gift for them.

It’s called the Holiday Magic Bundle, a Glowforge Pro that ships free, along with 9 months of free Premium access, and a $500 gift card for Proofgrade materials. That’s a savings of over $1000.

For the year-round giver in your life, it’s a great way to get started with Glowforge. Soon you’ll see their eyes light up with joy as they create something new and wonderful. (And who knows, it might even be something they’re giving to you!)

I’m really excited to offer this special bundle for a special season. The Holiday Magic Bundle sale expires November 28.

An insider tip on our Black Friday sale - launching tomorrow!

One last thing, and it’s a doozy. You’re the first to know about this—we won’t be announcing it until tomorrow, but I wanted to let you know ahead of time. Because it’s a deal that’s going to let you print more, and print faster.

Starting tomorrow (you won’t see it there until wednesday), we’re selling a refurbished Glowforge Plus for a screaming deal. You save $700 on this Glowforge printer that has gone through our rigorous testing and diagnostic process and is ready to print in your home. It comes with a comprehensive warranty, the same as if it was new. There’s also an extended warranty available as an add-on. And they’re ready to ship right now!

There’s nothing wrong with treating yourself for the holidays, too. This deal is a great way to pick up a second printer to get more done, faster.

When it launches tomorrow (wednesday), the deal will be live here. It’s only available this black friday weekend, ending on November 28, so don’t let it slip through your fingers!

That’s everything from me this month. I’m off to roast a turkey and enjoy some quality time with my family. Happy printing, everyone!

PS: You can discuss this update here.

16 Likes