:( Now The Air Assist Fan ):

I just got a Air assist alert. I do not use magnets, Something seems to keep going wrong after cleaning and letting sit for 24hrs. I checked the fan in back behind the lens, and in the back of the machine. But no matter what I still keep getting Air assist alert. Again NO magnets, everything is clean the fan looks almost spotless. GFS please help.

i’m curious how you cleaned the fan and was wondering if you could send a picture of it.

Did you clean the fan on the carriage vs the one on the laser head?

There are 3 fans. The exhaust fan, one under the carriage, and one behind the laser head. I’m not saying it’s a fan, just wanted to make sure you knew about all three that need to be cleaned.

hello

The ribbon that connects to the head has a lot of pins that are a part of what sends the notifications of when the air assist is operating. even a connection that is iffy much less not connected will report similar problems. I would make sure that is well connected also.

Hello, @cxin168, and welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

yes I am aware of all three fans. Is this fan replaceable?

Fan is clean and spinning freely but when doing a test run. NOPE I get the bright orange light. Does anyone know the part number to order replacement?

Update: I got it. If anyone needs it here you go…

1 Like

Probably no big deal for you but the connector will have to be spliced to the new fan.

1 Like

Could you please do the following:

• Check the four contact points on the bottom of the printer head. Press down gently on each of them and let me know if any of them fail to spring back up when released.

• Take a photo of the back of the printer head similar to the one below and send it to us:

When we receive the photo, we’ll examine it and then reach out with next steps. Thank you!

fyi four contact points popped right back up.

I see you’ve also emailed us and we’ve been working on the next steps with you there. I’m going to close this thread.