Number Kids Puzzle

My second entry - this time I double checked and made sure ALL the information was there before I cut an printed it :slight_smile: Made originally for our four year old niece and people just loved it. top
bottom
This was done on the 1/4" MDF from Home Depot.

The uploaded file actually has two cut-outs per number to make it easier to get the numbers out.

EDIT
I realized I never listed my settings for this. Sorry :frowning:
For 1/4 MDF from Home Depot I use
Speed: 135
Power: Full
Number of Passes: 2
Adding a second pass seems to allow the pieces to be just a tad looser and easier for kids to take out without them being so loose they fall out on their own.

113 Likes

That double cut trick is pretty clever, use less materials. Nice touch.

3 Likes

I played with multiple ways to figure out which was the easiest way to get the numbers in and out while still holding them in place.

Yeah, nicely done. Easier than trying to put pegs or something in the numbers.

1 Like

Very cute, and kind of you to share.

2 Likes

Nice. (And when they get a bit older you can introduce them to “0”!) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That’s because 0 really isn’t a number, it’s the lack of a number :smiley: lol

5 Likes

Source

11 Likes

Nice share. Thank you.

1 Like

What’s your feeling on -1? :wink:

9 Likes

3 Likes

Yes, because I trust Wikipedia about as much as I trust Urban Dictionary :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think their 4-yr-old niece will survive on 9 digits for now…

3 Likes

Rough crowd…

9 Likes

But good vibes! All good. I usually count from zero, but I’m weird.

3 Likes

Not sure of the old math teacher’s tale but supposedly the invention of zero by the Arabs totally changed where math could take you.

Of course, you could start teaching the kids base 8 math :grin:

3 Likes

With 12 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren (and counting) this is a great share - Thank you.

I actually love it without the 0, it would throw off the symmetry.

1 Like

Im new to this…i can’t seem to see where to download this🤔

Just right-click the design and choose “save as”. That will give you the SVG files you can import directly into Glowforge app.

2 Likes