Number of Passes Setting Ignored

When I set custom Glowforge setting to only do one pass, the cutter does two passes regardless of the setting. Am I misunderstanding what the #of passes seting means?

This usually happens when the design actually has two outlines superimposed on top of each other, so it does them both in the same place. If you’d like to upload the design, we’d be glad to take a look.

2 Likes

Agreed. Chances are you have duplicate artwork.

1 Like

Here is the design I was trying to cut.v1

I don’t see any duplicate lines.

Neither do I. Well, I guess it’s not a file problem unless there’s something subtle that I’m not seeing.

Can you put up a full screenshot of the UI with the file loaded? Including the design on the bed, the rulers, and steps on the left?

1 Like

I just tried cutting the file you posted. Other than the slots being just a pinch too tight for the 3mm BB ply that I used, it cut just fine, no doubles. You could try downloading the file that you uploaded here, and see if maybe discourse stripped out some bit of data that was giving you doubles.

3 Likes

OK, I’ll be the one to say it: your photo backdrop paper is epic.

3 Likes

holographic crystal adhesive PVC vinyl. Not suitable for laser-cutting, sadly… Although Siser has a few very similar-looking products in a heat-transfer polyester-based material that they bill as being laser-friendly.

4 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.