Odd preset behaviour in Affinity Designer

I’ve tried to create a preset (called Glowforge) with the dimensions of 508 x 304.8 mm, however when I save this the 2nd dimension always reverts to 297 mm.

Any thoughts of an Affinity issue?

I moved this to ‘Beyond the Manual’ so it won’t get closed prematurely.

It might help if you said what platform this is happening on.

4 Likes

I only rarely use Affinity Design, but this might help (although the discussion is inches) Affinity design settings

5 Likes

I use Affinity Design, as well…but, I use inches. Here is the ‘new document’ that I use each time.

When I change it to mm, it goes right to this;

I did create a preset for Glowforge with these settings, though I’m not really sure why, as it never defaults to that preset when I open a new document.

Perhaps you might see something in my settings that will give you a clue as to why yours changes the height setting.

2 Likes

It’s weird, in latest version if you set in the New Document section it always reverts to the 297 mm, however if you set in Document Settings (after opening a document), it’s saved correctly. Hopefully should be OK, have reported in the Serif forums.

3 Likes

Good idea.

Hmm. Mine always defaults to my Glowforge preset. I’ll dig in later to remember how I did it.

1 Like

That would be most appreciated. I never could understand what the point of making a preset was if it didn’t pop up when you needed it. Maybe it’s some other setting/preference that I’ve missed somewhere.

Drat! It works for me because the only thing I use AD for is GF files. AD defaults to the last preset used, so I always get the GF preset. :lying_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.