Off Topic Zone. Today's Funny Thing

Every now and again something strikes me as hilarious, even to the point of an embarrassing and uncontrollable laugh.
Here is a place for you to share your Funny Of The Day without regret (or with it if you prefer - we won’t judge).
Share the joy, (you know you want to)…

Here was my breakfast laugh today. It is so simple I have no clue why it hit a nerve, but it did. Wife already gave the look as she backed out of the room, so you can color it pre-groaned.
Maybe because it is a simple theme with an out of the box way of examining culture?
Or maybe it wasn’t that deep and was just funny.
You decide.

Looking forward to some future funny pictures, quotes, encounters, or just ‘things’.
(please avoid the political opinions - we know how fast that goes sideways)

28 Likes

21 Likes

It’s strange how our individual sense of humors can vary. A group of us teenage boys were trekking through the woods and happened upon an old farm trash pile containing years of discarded Playboy magazines. We did what every young boy would do and carefully analyzed the content for the best articles. I discovered that each monthly issue contained one comic panel drawn by humorist and artist Gahan Wilson. For some reason I found this particular one hilarious and remember it more than 50 years later.

Gahan Wilson (RIP) is still my favorite.

24 Likes

26 Likes

cat dreams

22 Likes

It took me years to “get” Gary Larson’s humor. Once that happened, I became a fan. Here’s one I like because it reminds me of dinner time for my cat. He gets some kind of medication with every meal; I hide it in a bit of catfood/sardine/sweet potato mix and put it on a spoon. He’s expecting his before-meal-treat and consumes it with great gusto.

So, the cartoon: sometimes I’m working to get the mix just right, not too much fish in one place, distribute everything around the platter so he won’t eat too fast. This takes time and care. Every now and then Sam gets tires of waiting and lets out a yowl that says, “Mom, stop playing with my food!”

15 Likes

Big Gary Larsen fan here. My fav:

24 Likes

You had me laughing right here. I love your storytelling.

7 Likes

I’ve got quite a few. I collect things that make me laugh. These are currently on my phone, the middle two being pictures I took myself when I was out and about:

17 Likes

Bald joke

15 Likes

DAD JOKE ALERT!!! DAD JOKE ALERT!!! lol

5 Likes

I’m out of shape, and a bit overweight, they say I have a “dad bod”
I prefer the term “Farther Figure”

8 Likes

Gary Larson – Genius!

17 Likes

Great thread BTW! Everybody needs good meds.

8 Likes

IMG-9689

13 Likes

I think team Green is winning.

10 Likes

This made me smile. The game goes so much faster when there is no out of bounds or fouls.

4 Likes

I need to show this video to my son. I’m so impressed. I can’t imagine seeing birds do this, or even being able to train any creature to do this… it’s been 7 years and my dog still won’t fetch unless he thinks I’m going to run after the ball myself…in which case he gets it, but he definitely doesn’t bring it back.

5 Likes

A friend of mine had a parrot with a short tail and thick body. It liked to run around on the floor rather than fly. Friend had all sorts of toys around for the bird. Favorite toy was a ball with a bell in it; bird would lie on its back and juggle the ball with its feet.

7 Likes

There was a story my parents told many times about going to a party in Hawaii that their parakeet was a lush. The standard at the time was martinis that were held in that certain way, and the parakeet would fly down and drink liberally from several of the drinks of the partygoers. Of course pretty soon it was too drunk to fly so it would crawl over to the dog to crawl up and go to sleep knowing the dog would watch out for it.

6 Likes