Offline App

i wonder if a offline app is available ? I’ve been having issues with uploading my files, anything above 1mb never works with me, its so frustrating. i love my Gloforge but i hate that i can’t use it offline ! please help

2 Likes

Currently there is no offline app.
You must be connected, and upload, to the cloud server.

2 Likes

what specifically are you wanting to do? if you are looking to print sorry that you cant do but you can see what it will look like when your are offline

A fairly good possibility that the problem may be with the file itself, depending upon what you’re trying to do.

2 Likes

@jbmanning5 i with you. I just looked and some of my files were well over 1 MB some being 20 MB. So the issue has to be with the file.

1 Like

i have some complex geometry in a .svg format, do you guy have any advice for using complex designs ?

It just kind of depends on what you’re doing. If you can post an example file here, someone can take a look at it and give some recommendations. I would recommend zipping it and then uploading.

2 Likes

Or save it as a PDF and upload that way. I’ve been getting some weird SVG errors on files that worked on other laser systems.

We sure need an offline App. @jbmanning5 i’m with you too.

I’m so sorry you’re having trouble uploading.

If you can you send us a copy of the file you’re having trouble with, we’d be happy to take a look.

If you don’t want to post it here, you can mail it to us directly at support@glowforge.com .

Regarding the offline mode: That’s a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

2 Likes

If you need more votes for the Offline mode, you can add one for me, and I have 5 lasering buddies who are hesitating to purchase a GF because the offline mode isn’t available yet. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.