Offline, centering, offline

I am having issues with my printer it goes from offline to centering back to offline, Then I am able to print one and then it quits again I am going on TWO days with this problem., I have already subscribed to the updated premium service and there is NOTHING premium about this. Can someone please help me!!!

2 Likes

It sounds like you might be getting close to having a lid cable go out on you. That can be replaced, but you need to check for a few other things while you wait to hear from support about the cable.

See if any of these helps to get you up and running again:

I have it for 3 months
It is cutting again I am wondering it is a connection problem with internet

1 Like

The first section of that linked article is " First thing to check and eliminate is Wifi issues" - it’s often a change in your local Wifi, a lid cable is almost a worst-case (though not that bad since they can ship you out a new one).
Go through the steps and post here so that when an staff member sees this that can confirm what you’ve already done and get you back to 100% faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

My glowforge use to do that when I had wifi issues due to interference from other devices on my network. My biggest offender was my Apple TV. What solved it for me was that I set up a dedicated guest network and put my glowforge on the guest network and every other device in my house goes on the main network. My glowforge has not gone offline since I did this about a year ago.

Might be worth a try.

3 Likes

Hi @odie.girl, I’m glad to hear it seems like you’ve gotten this taken care of, that’s great!

I looked into the issue and it does appear this issue may have been related to Wi-Fi trouble. I’m going to go ahead and leave this topic open for a bit just in case any issues to creep back up, but it sounds like we’re in the clear currently!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.