Offline then Centering then Offline then Centering

I have received the automated message from GF. I do not have time to waste. I have wasted 2 days ( the last 2 years if you really want to get technical). I need a resolution now.

My GF is constantly going offline. I have very strong wifi signal. It then goes to homing, then centering. Then when I finally think it’s going to work, I load a design and GUESS WHAT?!? OFFLINE AGAIN. Then I have to go through the whole process: turn it off, check the laser head, clean camera and lenses, turn it back on…centering, homing, centering, homing, OFFLINE!!! I need help immediately.

The GF is picky about the wifi signal even when other devices are fine. Does it work if you use your phone as a hot spot?

1 Like

@flippincrazy22 have you tried holding in the (start) button for 1-2 mins till it turns Teal, and reconnecting to the wifi? - when was the last time you rebooted your router / modem?

It sounds like its an easy fix…

Jonathan

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried the hot spot, restarted it countless times. It will occasionally work but, then it stops and goes back to centering.

1 Like

This problem is obviously very, very frustrating. Here is a thread that offers some options while you wait for official support to get back to you.

2 Likes

The :glowforge: doesn’t require a strong or fast WiFi connection so much as a steady one. If yours is consistently dropping and coming back (something you cannot tell just by its connection to other things, most have built in buffers), then the :glowforge: won’t be able to maintain its connection.

A staff member will be able to tell you what your connection strength is, but if you don’t want to wait you could also try contacting your ISP.

Hi @flippincrazy22. I’m sorry to see that you’ve been running into trouble with your Glowforge encountering offline errors as it tries to print. I completely understand any frustration with this, and see that you also have an open email ticket to address this trouble as well. I noticed that my colleague David was able to send a response, and wanted to confirm that you have received his message. This will help us consolidate any communications and troubleshooting to help get this resolved. I’ll look forward to your response. Thank you!

HI @flippincrazy22. It looks like you received David’s email, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread to consolidate communications for troubleshooting. It looks like he was able to just send a response and we’ll look forward to your next email response. Thank you!