Offset

Can someone tell me why the offset wasn’t included in the section to the ballerina’s left, please? I tried several variations but nothing worked.
Ballerina offset

By offset are you referring to the GFUI outline feature, or are you doing this in an art program? If a program, which one?

The easiest way that I know of to get that section in Inkscape is take a copy of the red, delete all the nodes except the section around where you want the offset, and then use the inset command.

4 Likes

My guess is some path isn’t “closed” in the original artwork.

Happy to poke at it if you want to send me the original SVG.

8 Likes

I think, by reading your two replies, I’ve figured out what went wrong. If not, I’ll get back to you for more help. Thanks for helping me think outside the box, though.

4 Likes

Yup, I accidentally deleted part of the original file when I was editing it to get the offset while following the Youtube instructions and deirdrebeth and jestelle pointed me in that direction. All’s fixed now and working ok. Kudos to both of you.

8 Likes

Terry sent me a DM with some details… not sure if he solved it, but I recorded this quick video to help him: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Putting it here in case it helps anyone else in the future.

3 Likes

I’m sorry I haven’t had time to get back to you. This file is for a Christmas gift for one of my granddaughters so I’m not in a real big rush and I suddenly have some orders for which I’ve promised a 24-hour turn-around, which obviously take priority. I think I’ll be able to get to your video after work this afternoon. Thanks for being patient with me.

1 Like

I just watched your video, Josh. I don’t have Illustrator, so I’m going to have to translate it over to Inkscape. Shouldn’t be TOO difficult (it says here in fine print). What you ended up with is exactly what I’m looking for, basically just getting rid of those two lines so I can score an outline where I’m going to glue in the ballerina. It’ll be a few days, maybe even weeks, but I’ll try to remember to forward the finished product to you just to show you the accomplishment. Thanks for the time you spent on me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.