Oh noes!

I once mentioned polydactyl cats to a coworker, who looked quite puzzled, waited a minute, then asked “So… they speak more than one language?”
:innocent:

12 Likes

Such beautiful rescue kitties! :relaxed:

I’ll check her for chipping if no one responds to the bulletin board. We do have a lot of pets go AWOL around here, and this one is pretty young.

I’d keep her if I could though…she’s a beauty. (Unfortunately full of burrs and skittish at the moment…not going to try to de-burr her without help…two of her claws are larger than normal cat claws, and those are bad enough.)

2 Likes

When the feral cat we adopted (sadly no pics exist) died our then two year old was also inconsolable and really really miserable. was extremely sad to see, so we got a new one. he wasn’t what our first cat was looking for, but what he needed. he got way better, around feeding times really busy and sometimes extremely frustrated (was shouting and stomping). in the end the grey&white one died aged 18 the other one aged 23. human years not cat years!

here is an old analogue pic of them.

9 Likes

Here’s my gentle giant Starbucks. Very fluffy!

This is what he does when he sees the camera/phone pointed at him.

He has this confident strut and swagger and thinks he owns the place :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

Max and Shadow found abandoned in a nearby forest preserve. When rescued they were only a few weeks old and we are afraid that coyotes got the rest of the litter.

14 Likes

My wife and I would really actually love to get cats but she is quite allergic and is fairly miserable after a bit of time with them. Wish we could though!

4 Likes

Awwww, so many cute kitties!!! I’m super new to cats, but my first ever kitten (not counting the one my sister brought home from college without telling my parents lol) just turned 1 year old last week! Here’s my goofy Mishka when I adopted him and then 6 months later…

21 Likes

Pretty kitty, and Happy Birthday @steph ! :dizzy::balloon::birthday::boom::sparkles:

4 Likes

Thank you!! :blush:

2 Likes

What a beautiful cat! And HBD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you thank you!! I really lucked out with him- a total cuddler and playful goofball!

3 Likes

He is so cute!!! and Happy Cake Day!!!

They love the sinks don’t they?

13 Likes

Here’s a famous one: https://www.facebook.com/SkyeTheSinkCat2016/?ref=page_internal

1 Like

Omg so stinking cute!!! :heart_eyes: And thank you!!

1 Like

A month ago one of our cats brought home a kitten. Not sure where he came from, but he has stayed around and loves our other cats. Started to call him Little Man, and it stuck.

Little Man is on top of the pile. The kitten at the bottom was from our cat. Sadly all four of her kittens didn’t make it.

10 Likes

Very sorry to hear that.

I’ve got a neighbor who wants the cat, who does seem to be a stray. (No takers on the boards.)

In the meantime, one of mine has gotten hit by something…snake, wasp or mosquitos, and he’s the one who’s allergic, so tomorrow we go visit the vet for a steroid injection.

Ain’t life grand? :frowning:

3 Likes

Maybe someone moved and just left them behind, sadly it happens. Or is homeless but visits so many people it is friendly.

You can get a safe trap to get them into the vet to check for a chip also without risking blood heh.

And good on you for just being awesome to kitties.

3 Likes

No, I found out her origins…one of the gals on the NBB (Neighborhood Bulletin Board) said she was one of a feral litter that she tried to rescue…she saved a sibling and kept it but that one couldn’t be captured or approached. She’s been living wild.

(Which is surprising because the little booger has been trying to follow me into the house all day. She takes skritches, purrs, up-tails, and exposes her tummy with absolutely no problem. She love-bit this afternoon without hurting me. Haven’t tried to grab her though, I let her do the approaching. And I don’t let her grab me with those claws!)

I don’t think it will be a problem to get her into a carrier…she’s already gone in once today…I’ll let her sleep in it for a night or two while the neighbor who wants her gets to know her…then I’ll just close the door.

(But if she doesn’t like him, she’s not going to live with him…I told him he couldn’t have her if she didn’t bond. It’s up to the cat. I’m pretty firm on that.) :cat2:

12 Likes

I believe that qualifies you now for sainthood. Saint Jules!

5 Likes

Actually, it’s not lookin’ too good. The neighbor is outside sitting on the driveway doing the “Here, kitty, kitty” thing, and she keeps watching my husband.
(And she follows me around like a dog.)

That little tart is going to want to move in. :worried:

(I think I will call her Demon.)

13 Likes