Oily substance inside shipping bag

When the laser head moves to the right, it tries to keep going further than allowed, so it hits the rail on the right side and makes a horrible grinding noise.

On the off chance that that doesnt happen, it engraves in one place but cuts the piece out 5-7 inches away to the left.

The head doesnt home properly, it goes to the top and stops midway way across on its way to the left. When the laser head moves from the left to the right, its like its getting stuck and makes a grinding noise.

BUT when I manually move the laser head and carriage plate, its fine.

sounds like the optics are covered in coolant :stuck_out_tongue:

did you wipe everything down?

I wiped everything down before running it. It worked perfectly for a total of 16 hrs (I keep track of how long each job is) and then it went haywire. I already emailed support, but they are saying a senior tech needs to look at the photos and videos I sent them. Unfortunately the video files are too large to upload here.

Well just to update… I think the spilled coolant may have played a part in this but the machine went downhill rather quickly.

They are sending me another one… 3rd one since December :frowning:

1 Like

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I’m still waiting to hear back from support regarding my coolant puddle. I guess I’m lucky that the refurb unit is a replacement for an intermittent “electrical issue” and the old unit still works fine MOST of the time, so I’m not left totally laserless.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.