Olivanders Wand Shop

Brilliant!

2 Likes

Your detail is fantastic.

3 Likes

I love this! I am in a bunch of miniature groups and I feel like it’s safe to say that there would be a lot of people that would be interested in this!

4 Likes

Wonderful detail. You must have a real passion for this work. Interesting to find someone who can translate work with Autocad to Glowforge. You hit it out of the park!

3 Likes

tenor

Amazing!! Im quite the Harry Potter fan myself and I agree there would be a HUGE demand for this! I absolutely love it. And entire Diagon Alley would be… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

The rounded windows are fantastic! Great job.

4 Likes

Definitely interested! This is so neat!

3 Likes

If you sale your file —— You are going to need to hire an accountant because you are going to be making a ton of money!!!

I hope you did well in economics. This is a Supply and Demand situation. Since files like this are extremely rare you can charge a lot of money!! When supply is limited and demand is great—- you charge more.

There will be many unscrupulous people who will purchase your file and try to make it their own and sell it. You have to be very vigilant on Etsy and the Internet.

It would be best if you had your own website to promote and sell the file.

You will not be able to use the name Olivander’s Wand Shop.
Copyright!!!

If you write up great instructions, and have many pictures showing the building process— You could easily sell the file for $100.

Adding a YouTube video about the building process would be even better.

Five years from now files like this will be a dime a dozen. As the price of laser machines drop more people (designers, architects, engineers) will be introduced to them —- they will start designing files to sell. Make your money now.

You are beyond talented and gifted!!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for all the info in your message, I truly appreciate the time you took to give me that info. I’m in the process of writing instructions and taking pictures while I put together another one. A video is a great idea!

I have a design/architect/engineering background, so I know that what makes sense to me, might not be as clear to others, so making the instructions easy and clear is top priority.

Thank you again for your insight!

7 Likes

You do not want people pissed off because they spent $100 on the file and they can not put it together ——then they will give you horrible reviews.

Sales will plummet!! You will turn to alcohol for comfort. You will stay drunk and keep repeating to yourself “Where did I go wrong?’

There will be that little voice inside you that whispers “The building instructions were confusing and basically they sucked!”

During this challenging time you will kind of remember me. You will not remember the name Jimmy Wayne Westie it will be something like that Jimmy John gave me some good advice but I was in a hurry when I wrote the instructions.

I truly hope your are laughing after reading this.

7 Likes

First laugh all day, thank you!

3 Likes

It definitely had me rolling.

2 Likes

It occurs to me that since the letters are individually cut you could market an “alternative” named shop that happens to have the same letters, such as Doverlain’s Wand Shop (wink, wink) and not get picked up as a direct copyright issue. People could choose on their own to re-arrange the letters into “other famous wand shops”.

Or just include the alphabet and let people spell whatever they want.

8 Likes

WOW! Amazing and great details, Into, would buy the files.

4 Likes

Wow! An incredible project! Love it!

3 Likes

So awesome!!! I would buy file as well!

4 Likes

Super great! I will check out your Etsy shop
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I would pay whatever you’d ask for these Harry Potter designs!!! WOW I mean good lord this is PHENOMENAL!!! I will be checking out your shop awaiting any Harry Potter building designs lol My husband and I are huge potter heads, he has always wanted the Harry Potter themed “Christmas village” sets, but they are so expensive. THIS on the other hand looks wayyyyyy better. and with some veneer, window panes, and some fine painting this would be immensely more beautiful than any themed Christmas set you can buy online! GREAT WORK! YOUR CAD SKILLS ARE SOOOOO GOOD!

7 Likes

If the prices were reasonable I’d buy the plans. I too am a Harry Potter fanatic

3 Likes

Do let us know if these go up for sale!

2 Likes