Open lid, close lid, then scan forever? [Resolved]

There’s nothing quite as gratifying as fixing a problem yourself. Great job! And, also provides us with yet one more idea for things to check when we have something not working as it should.

1 Like

Agreed. The sense of satisfaction is definitely an endorphin high! Now, the fun begins!

1 Like

Great work @js11 and @jules. this will be very helpful for folks in this situation. Thanks for the detailed troubleshooting narration. Glad you got it fixed.

I think you should pay yourself at least $100 an hour plus a $75 minimum service call.

4 Likes

Looks like we have a winner. You get cake and cookies today. :rofl:

5 Likes

The cake is a lie

1 Like

Congratulations! You have also laid out a clear path to a solution of finding exactly what it is that was not working.
There is a tendency to believe too much that the Glowforge is having a problem where it says it is having a problem. I hope that @dan might set someone to have some subroutines to test this sort of thing as a part of the scanning and ready process that might identify the exact location of what is messing up with out just a long wait with no clues.

My machine had exactly that issue but with the head ribbon that it looked fine and occasionally acted correctly but implied that the machine was too hot rather than a connection problem.

Since then I have seen several folk on the forum making that same mistake with that connection. Yours is the first where it was that rear ribbon that was not set tightly enough.

2 Likes

The other thing you get is a working Glowforge. And that’s a good thing for sure!

3 Likes

I’m so glad to hear you got it working again!

I’m going to close this thread - If you see this problem return and you’re not able to resolve it, please post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!