"Open path" problem - no open paths shown in Illustrator

I’m having the same issue that a number of people have reported. I have an AI file that has printed successfully in the past, but the Glowforge app now claims that some of its filled paths are open. Neither the AI Document Info panel nor the rj-graffix plugin report any open paths. I don’t want to rasterize the fills because there are thin areas involved and the dithering ruins them. Is there some other way to detect whatever the Glowforge app thinks is the problem?

I just tried loading your SVG version in my GFUI, and didn’t get any errors, so I don’t think it’s the file. Maybe try clearing / restarting your browser?

Thanks for checking it out. A few minutes ago I accidentally overwrote the Dropbox file with a version where I had rasterized the fills, though it should be restored now. Was the beetle in the SVG you saw green or black? If it was green, that’s the vector version, which is the version I’m having trouble with.

(I was trying rasterizing to pure black to avoid dithering, but in that version of the file there’s also a misalignment between the rasterized fill and the scored outline…maybe due to some inaccuracy in the SVG conversion in AI.)

It looks like the problem wasn’t with open paths, but with small paths. I manually deleted a number of small paths and that seemed to fix it. It would be nice if the wording of the error made it clear that it’s not just about open paths.

It was green. And like I said, no errors in my interface, so I don’t think the small paths were a problem either. I think your Web browser is confuddled and needs to be cleared and restarted.

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you as well for the feedback about error messages. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!