Opened Glowforge

DAMN! I had my fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

I crossed my fingers, and THEY CRAMPED UP!!! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I only ever tried that once on a cell phone that died on me. It allowed me to get all my pictures and contacts off it then it really died.

1 Like

Had to use a heat gun on one of the old ps3 fat bois. Got it working on the second application of heat. Instantly transferred all account info to the god of war 3 ps3 edition I bought to replace it.
It might still work. I still have it. Though it certainly wouldn’t be happy with its firmware trying to connect to the psn.

Deleted

Deleted

Deleted

1 Like

hopefully none of the FNLs are anywhere near here or they’ll have a meltdown regardless of all the disclaimers and disavowments made. I like it. :+1:

1 Like

Deleted

2 Likes

Deleted

4 Likes

My opinion:

everything is in there , really tight, and it looks like one of the 2 separate interface plugs can easily pop out and render the P/S useless – bad design esp in such a hard to get at / hard to replace part.
but that, is, just, my opinion.

Careful around those capacitors, there’s some high voltage in the power supply.

2 Likes

wake me up faster then a cup of coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You mean those JST connectors that are interference latched? In a device that doesn’t have any major vibration? Sounds like a good decision to me and the same one I would have made.

1 Like

Deleted

2 Likes

What differences were you expecting to see? Having two separate MoBos would not be very cost effective given most of the differences between the Basic and Pro are mechanical and software/firmware.

2 Likes

I dunno, coming from a computer background, More memory, faster processor -

The Plus offers upgraded components and a top engraving speed that’s up to twice as fast as the Glowforge Basic

1 Like

Never quite understood the twice as fast claim. The mechanical components that matter seem to be the same. The circuit boards are exactly the same, so sounds like they might have just changed some of the motion firmware. Kind of like Tesla does for their over the air range increases. The capability was always there but maybe the Plus is pushed just a little closer to the limit. It costs more so the increases in warranty claims might be automatically prepaid.

5 Likes

It’s absolutely nothing but a software flag. The “top engraving speed that’s up to twice as fast” was only introduced in October 2019 as an update to the GF UI. That new top engrave speed didn’t actually work right with vector engraves, so it was removed from the vector engrave settings a few months later. It now only exists in the manual mode for a raster engrave.

2 Likes

Deleted