Opened my Glowforge and it is soaking wet inside

I am learning that this seems to be a disappointingly regular issue that has been happening by searching through the forums… I did not know why the glowforge was soaking wet inside of the plastic wrapping but looking at the machine itself and seeing a large bubble in the laser tube i am imagining that is is the coolant. Please let me know what I need to do from here…

You will need to wait for support to get back to you. They will arrange a replacement.

Is there any kind of ETA on that? Should I just repackage it now?

That really sucks. My sympathies.

They should get back to you within 3 days.

You should probably take a picture of it first in case they want to see the condition. But I imagine your description is good enough to call it. But, yeah… You’ll want to pack it up and get it ready to go. They’ll send you a shipping label and instruction via e-mail. They should send out your replacement immediately and you should have it within days after the process begins.

2 Likes

Its in relatively good condition i think? There doesn’t seem to be any kind of heavy structural damage. When I opened the plastic i thought it had been cleaned or something, because it was dirty in some of the grooves and had an almost cleaning solution smell. It must have been the coolant just sort of dripping around collecting dust particles as it was likely carelessly moved around ignoring the clear packing warnings. I took some pictures but I gotta box it up, limited on space and the box for it is huge enough. I’m going to dry off and re-wrap it back in the plastic i guess in case its still leaking. Thanks for the reply though i’ll wait to see what support says.

1 Like

Thanks for the help everyone! I’m so sorry @michaeltdemarco that your Glowforge arrived damaged and we’ll need to replace it.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.