Opening 2 designs into the bed

Can someone help me I can’t seem to find a way to open 2 designs that I have uploaded into the bed to merge items into one print

The projects are pretty well contained once they are uploaded.

You’d need to open one design and then use the add artwork button to upload a file from your device/computer.

5 Likes

it makes no sense when i am working remotely and i need to upload the file again. we should be able to combine 2 files that are uploaded. limitations…

Just the messenger here.

5 Likes

sorry didn’t mean to have a negative tone thanks for the answer but working remotely means I only have what’s uploaded. it would be great if we could combine files

1 Like

I have a workaround – it may not work in your situation, but it’s worth mentioning.

I keep all my GF design files (design files, photos, vectors, etc.)in a Dropbox folder. I have Dropbox installed on the Mac mini I use to drive the GF, as well as my laptop, work PC, etc., so all my GF files are in sync anywhere I decide to work.

Same strategy works with Google Drive, Box, and most of the other file sync services out there. Again, may not work for you, but I’ve been working this way (laser and 3D printing) for >4 years.

Best of luck optimizing your workflow. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Yep. I have a Glowforge cloud folder. It really is handy to work where ever I am to get a file ready and then print it when I’m home.

1 Like

Smart. See this is why am here I simply don’t think about these absolutely use for things that I could be doing and I need the rest of you to help me! I always like the easiest solution but it’s nice to have alternatives as well thank you so much

Thanks for the answer @jbmanning5, that’s right.

@brienza.mark thanks for the suggestion. I’ve let the team know about your experience.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any more questions go ahead and post a new topic.