Orange Button - Bumped alert

Hey there… doing fine this morning until I got the bumped alert and orange button. There is nothing in the way that I can see… what next?

Just a thought, but (with power off) remove the head and check that your carriage plate wheels are OK and turning smoothly.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble with your Glowforge this morning. I extracted the logs from your unit to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know.

I have the solid orange light as of about 1 hour ago. We followed the steps above but the orange light is still on. Also it is stuck on “focusing”

What do I do?

Welcome to the forum. You need to start your own thread in the Problems and Support section rather than jump on the end another user’s post. You can also email support with your request for help, but just do one or the other so you don’t open multiple tickets.

Ok thanks
I emailed GF just now

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post. If you are still having trouble please start a new post or reach out at support@glowforge.com - we’ll be happy to take a look.