I’m sorry you ran into trouble. Have you noticed whether the fan spins up during these prints?
If not, the cable for the fan could have been jostled or unplugged during shipping. Please check the fan cable by doing the following:
- Turn off your Glowforge.
- Open the lid.
- Gently roll your laser arm to the front of your unit.
- Look for a black cable with a white connector.
- If the connector is plugged into the board, wiggle it very gently to make sure it is secure. If it is, skip the next steps, and let me know that it was plugged in properly.
- If the connector is unplugged or unsecured, locate the clip on the connector.
- Then, gently plug it into the board as shown in the photo. The clip should face towards the center of the bed of the unit.
- Close the lid, turn your Glowforge back on, and try printing again.
- Check if the fan spins up during the print.
Thanks in advance, and let me know what you find!