Orange light

Hoping someone can help as I’m in the middle of orders…:weary: I just started using my machine again today, turned it on and started engraving about 5 min in it stopped and the light turned orange. I’ve turned it off and let it rest and it’s still orange when I turn it back on. It’s inside 74 degrees. Vented out the window.

74ºF is just about the upper limit (75ºF). Consider that if the outside air is warmer, that air is coming into your unit through the vent. Also consider that the inside temperature of the unit could naturally be warmer just from using it.

It’s 40 outside and the window is cracked so probably a little cooler than 74 by the machine…does orange light always mean overheating?

No. Other stuff too.

1 Like

Did you get a cooling message on screen in the app?

Probably the second most common cause is the cable connecting to the head being loose. Usually from when it was taken off to be cleaned.

10 Likes

I didn’t. It just said that the job was stopped.

Oh wow I think that was it!! Let’s hope!

2 Likes

Thank you! That was what it was. It must’ve just got knocked loose somehow as I cleaned it a few days ago and have ran it since. Glad that’s all it was!

8 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @jbmanning5, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!