Other Things To Do While Waiting For The GF

If you watch the videos, which are way to short, it appears that the torch head is where the solutions are actually loaded.

Me too, I’m definitely a tool junkie. I’m thinking that with one of those stabilizer rigs and templates made by the GF, this will be a lot of fun to use. I’m very curious to know how this welds in comparison to an O/A torch.

1 Like

I meant to ask this before but forgot… where have you found a good source for the blue foam?

Very cool, @Joshua! I love the leg design!

@takitus Seriously!!!

its not something I use often, but we have a great little outlet store called foam and fabric in the small town down the mountain from my mountain house. I wish there was one a little closer to home that had prices like they do, because I cant find anyone online that can compete with them.

Damn. I was hoping it was some sort of major chain. I suppose I could always ask someone like a florist. It might not be any cleaner than milling wood, but I hope it’s far less expensive… :anguished:

have you ever heard of renshape? Not sure if it fits your needs but its pretty awesome modeling material that cuts REALLY cleanly.

https://www.freemansupply.com/products/machinable-media/renshape-modeling-and-styling-boards

1 Like

Wooo… no, I had not. That looks a lot like your typical MDF board though, is it not? Is it just a finer grain? Any idea on the cost? Looks intriguing. I wonder how well it’d handle liquids like silicon.

ah they have foam boards and all types of other machinable materials as well! I linked to a page a little deeper than I meant to, but if you browse around youll find foams and MDF type materials too

1 Like

I’ll be hopefully finding, buying, and then moving into a house, haha. Creatively I’m working on an ebook with tutorials for three unique Japanese stab binding (a style of bookbinding) patterns. Hoping one day the GF will make producing samples easier! :books:

1 Like

Making an easy link to [quote=“bhspalinger, post:49, topic:1938”]
Japanese stab binding
[/quote]

https://www.westdean.org.uk/study/school-of-conservation/blog/books-and-library-materials/intro-to-binding-japanese-stab-binding-tutorial-flexible-cover-with-three-hole-stitching

7 Likes

That’s an awesome tutorial. I want to find a dressmaking one now with fruit roll ups

2 Likes

Ha! I know what my kids getting for packed lunch on Monday!

1 Like

Ahaha! Excellent. Thanks for that! :joy: