Our FIRST 2 WEEKS with our NEW GLOWFORGE PRO

I have no clue but every time I tried to use it they just asked for a contact we get back to you at so maybe

Look at the silver lining. You will soon have $155 in spare parts for free. A spare head mirror, lens and, window.
{edit: or maybe not)

1 Like

They discontinued chat when they added phone support (which I’ve been thinking is now also not available)…last thing I’ve heard is that email is now the only avenue to support.

3 Likes

not so fast , they want the bad print head sent back in full tact within 2 weeks of arival of the new one or you void warranty

1 Like

emails is it and the only source at this time

It is hard to tell but if there is an issue with a wheel in the front or back of the carriage plate that could cause all the problems you are experiencing. there have been a lot of issues with them since the pandemic, as they have had trouble sourcing them, and it was only after that that we started seeing those wheels as an issue.

1 Like

Love your setup and your work is amazing, hoping you get your new print head and get up and running really fast. Great designs! I especially love the bee and watermelon signs.

1 Like

Nice work.

1 Like

The black bar is just there to protect the white cable; I don’t think it makes a difference if it’s a little slanted.

3 Likes

New Print Head is coming so I’m super excited to get the machine back up and running !

6 Likes

I hope your new print head does it, but problems with Set Focus and other operations (not cut power obviously) can still be caused by wifi, and your wifi can go bad for reasons outside your control. My GF worked perfectly for years until one day it did barely worked at all… even though I had changed nothing about my setup. Well, something must have happened in the neighborhood, because changing my wifi channel fixed the issue immediately.

If you still have problems with setting focus, I would encourage you to try changing the 2.4 GHz wifi channel on your router. Generally speaking you only want to use channels 1, 6, and 11. You are probably set to one of them already… just try the other two wifi channels, and see if the Glowforge works any better.

4 Likes

That is quite a showing for your first two weeks!

Hope you’re back up and running soon.

2 Likes

my modem auto detects and see the GF as z 2.4Ghz connection

There are other 2.4 GHz wifi configuration options that you are not seeing.

If you still have trouble, re-read what I posted.

1 Like

I see and I will give that a shot when the new head is here

I can only run Channel 1 on my 2.4Ghz connection , it’s a Comcast modem and they control the modem for the best performance for my home so I may have to buy my own modem on top of this

How do you make the inlay on that Anderson sign? Are you engraving or painting etc?

1 Like

the was engraved on the GF

So my Print Head was supposed to deliver yesterday and now its stuck in transit and went from delivery 5/20 to no delivery date available at this time. Wow, just wow.

2 Likes

Monday 5/23, Still no Printer Head, Original deliver date was 5/20, Stuck in transit - Delay Package - delayed in Henderson Colorado and I live in New Jersey and it shipped from Kentucky. Called Fed Ex and they said they have no clue why it’s in CO. and will be in delay until they figure out why it’s there, then told me there is no ship date at this time, UGH!! I’m truly at a loss here.