Our Glowforge Pro Stopped - Stuck on Homing

Our Glowforge has been stuck homing for hours. We have restarted both the computer and Glowforge. What could the issue be? This unit is barely a month new

Lol good luck. So many problems with mine and support takes weeks to respond. Ordered 2 filters and only one arrived. No idea where the other one is

Well they have so far responded to me - lets see what happens. They have been super helpful thus far

1 Like

And its #fixed

I think the Product is amazing - ive only done all this work on it - and there is tracking they dont just lose things, thats not how they operate. They are above the board and they took back my compact filter at the 33% restock (which is understandable seeing i used it a bit) - there is no reason to complain and i am tough on companies - you knew there was no number going in https://www.instagram.com/themystictimber/

4 Likes

Um ok, pretty sure you have to disclose when your sponsored by a company

1 Like

Um im not “sponsored” - I am about to Buy an #Epilog - I have Zero allegiance, dont get it twisted. I started learning this one month ago - they simply have a great product and you knew they didnt have number (which i dislike as well) when you bought it. They will and do get back to everyone. I paid full price for my laser and make art. And baby signs. Im glad you think im good enough to be sponsored - Hey @dan will you please sponsor me ? https://www.instagram.com/themystictimber/

1 Like

I am glad your issue was resolved quickly, and even happier that you let the community know that you are up and running. So many times, something gets posted, someone tries to help and we never learn if the problem was fixed. I am pretty sure there are no “sponsored” owners posting regularly, and that implication seemed a bit out of line to me. Congrats, also, on the Epilog.

2 Likes

I agree with you - it seemed out of line.

2 Likes

Thank you - and yes both machines will come in handy for their respective uses (i feel the Glowforge really does a great job - I really just want to increase speed). And yes it was resolved with a few restarts.

1 Like

Thank you as well Ben

2 Likes

@avyasproduction, I’m sorry that your unit was stuck during homing. Thank you for the update that you were able to get back up and printing! I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and took a closer look. One reason the centering took a long time is that the materials in the bed may have been creating images that cannot be processed correctly. Another good thing to check is if the lens of your lid camera is clean.

If your unit gets stuck during homing again, please try cleaning the lens of you lid camera, removing all the material from the crumb tray, and then try again and see if it homes successfully. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like