Outline of a design

I’ve ordered my Glowforge two days ago so I’m still waiting for the machine and I’m scared and excited. I want at some point to make an acrylic led light and am wondering if it is possible to put a border about 1/8 inch around the design. Thank you in advance for any and all help you give me and I look forward to being an asset to the community as soon as I get a little bit comfortable with the machine.
Bill

You need to lay out the file with a cut line 1/8" outside the central design. How to do it varies with the software you use to create the design

2 Likes

Thank you, went to youtube and found how to do it in Inkscape. Thanks for your help.
Bill

1 Like

Welcome. There are loads of tutorials and Tips and Tricks. Search for anything. You will most likely find it.

2 Likes

What software are you going to be using to create your designs?

Inkscape. Do you have any help or links to what could help me I would really appreciate it

if you search the forum for “inkscape tutorial” you will find a great selection of stuff specifically centered around using inkscape with the glowforge. Otherwise, you are on the right track using youtube.

2 Likes

As noted by @jbv search is your friend.

Try this search in the Tips and Tricks category:
https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Inkscape%20category%3A16%20order%3Aviews

2 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone. I’m going to close this thread - if there are any other questions, feel free to start a new topic, reach out to support@glowforge.com, or like the others said, check out the Tips & Tricks section of the Community.