Pacific Sea Nettle aka Jellyfish - my first 5 layered design

I drew this piece 2 or 3 years ago. Finally figured out a way to recreate in the glowforge :upside_down_face: Now I am trying to decide on paint or wood species for the layers…

85 Likes

Love this soooooo much!

2 Likes

That is super cool!!! Love it!

2 Likes

I’d leave it just like that!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you!! It was a new challenge for me! Now I can’t wait to make another!

1 Like

Maybe I will make a couple and compare!

1 Like

Breathtaking! I agree, it doesn’t need anything else.

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wonderful! And so cool to translate your own drawing to a 'forged 3D version!!

1 Like

Simply GORGEOUS! It looks great as is but maybe try some different colored blue acrylics, or any color acrylics for that matter, transparent, translucent, opaque.

1 Like

that looks awesome.

considering it’s a jelly, i’d think about layers of translucent (or frosted) acrylic.

2 Likes

oh, also, if you were so inclined, i see similar style files like that (maybe not as interesting, tho) selling for $20-30 per download on etsy, in case you were looking for a way to fund additional cutting materials. :wink: the cat mandala i bought was on sale for $20. it has more layers, but a lot less detail.

4 Likes

That could be really interesting!!

Thanks for the heads up! I do sell files on Etsy, but I haven’t decided on selling this one yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great work, i agree with Jules, it looks great just the way it is, but maybe some glow in the dark kind of paint. Where it looks like it it is now, but a light glow at night.

1 Like

oooh… glow in the dark acrylics.

3 Likes

Without expecting you to give away any secrets, I’m curious about your process to convert your original drawing into a workable design. Did you re-trace/re-draw by hand?

2 Likes

oooh yeah, great idea.

1 Like

I did… using the pencil tool in illustrator. This drawing is far too detailed for illustrator to pick up. It’s a hot mess with image trace. I tried everything.

2 Likes