Paisley Guitar

Just amazing!

6 Likes

The way it matches the metal hardware is :heart_eyes:. Outstanding work!

5 Likes

Amazing job!! I was just talking to a guy and he asked me if I had ever thought of doing a guitar. I told him I wasn’t brave enough. After seeing how intricate your is, I’m more sure I couldn’t do one right. Yours is beautiful.

6 Likes

This is superbly stunning. SO classy!

6 Likes

Don’t want to sound too Facebooky, but did you mask that?

7 Likes

Terrific work! Definitely taking it to new levels.

5 Likes

you can do one. this is a difficult one to deal with, but i’ve engraved 8-9 or them now and the rest were much easier. start simple, work your way up.

8 Likes

i did mask it.

4 Likes

That is just amazing. Superb work!

3 Likes

Did you disassemble and remove the neck? That’s what puzzles me. And how thick? I you remove the tray?

3 Likes

Gorgeous!

4 Likes

Too freaking cool man!

4 Likes

it started off disassembled, it was essentially a “kit.” my friend bought the body/neck as a kit, and the electronics/hardware separately. he gave me the body after he put a whitewash on it, i masked and engraved, then he put the final finish on it and assembled. it definitely won’t fit with the neck on. and yes, crumb tray out.

7 Likes

Beautiful!! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Wow! That is really special!

3 Likes

This brings absolute joy. Amazing design and perfect execution.

3 Likes

Any idea what kit he got? I am now at least one guitar low :innocent:

3 Likes

I’ll ask. I’m pretty sure he’s used different kits.

1 Like

This is fantastic. I assume the body is wood? I just upgraded to a nicer guitar so I’m very tempted to try this with my older, cheaper guitar. Did you design the pattern? Also, a tip for getting the exact shape in illustrator: take a photograph of the guitar face (max distance and max telephoto for least distortion), open in illustrator, trace the outline, get rid of the photo, expand the tracing to match the actual guitar measurements.

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how long was the process?

2 Likes