Paisley Guitar

This one took me a while to figure out how i wanted to do it, since I couldn’t engrave the whole thing in one piece (it’s larger than the engravable area) and i didn’t want to try to line it up perfectly and either (a) trash the body if i messed it up and (b) waste an hour + engrave if step 2 wasn’t perfect.

So I inset from the edges/hardware/pickguard and even though most of it is one large engrave (with a smaller engrave on the return (the part above the neck)), I was able to rotate the guitar and fit that large engrave area into one job. it ain’t perfect, still had some small alignment issues (mostly trying to get the exact shape of the guitar into illustrator so my insets were even). but i’m overall happy with how it turned out. have some ideas about doing paisley guitar #2 a little differently.

129 Likes

Wow! just speechless.

10 Likes

That is beautiful! Wow!

7 Likes

That is beautiful and beautifully executed. The engraving and the materials all work so well together. I look forward to seeing Paisley Guitar number 2, but it is hard to believe it could be a nice as the original.

9 Likes

Wow!! That looks great!!

9 Likes

Thanks, everyone. Overall very happy with it.

@dklgood, when Chris gave me the guitar, he’d already whitewashed it. we’ve talked about a few other options that would start w/it unfinished first and finishing it in a way that would hide some of the scan lines in the engrave. it’s not something you see as much in the pictures, but if you’re holding the guitar and looking at it, you can see them.

10 Likes

Killer custom job!

9 Likes

Love the design, and what a great execution.

7 Likes

Trying to pickup my jaw.

9 Likes

Would it help to use a soft-bristle brass brush (like for jewelry making)? That might help soften the depth details w/out losing the crisp top details.

5 Likes

there’re a lot of really fine lines there and i didn’t want to remove any of the char, since that was what gave the contrast.

5 Likes

This is beyond beautiful. I can’t think of an appropriate adjective. Wow, just wow.

7 Likes

That is so awesome! Speechless!

7 Likes

This is stunning!

5 Likes

Congratulations @shop on breaking into new :glowforge: applications.
Your work and attention to detail is stunning!
This is a work of art that the player will cherish forever.

8 Likes

Excellent work as always! Wow! It is just stunning!

7 Likes

The company should feature this in their advertising.

6 Likes

Perfect. Engravings are amazing.

6 Likes

Unbelievably beautiful engraving. :blush:

6 Likes

My jaw just hit the floor! This is spectacular!

7 Likes