Paper Pop-Up Card: Winter

I was able to cut a second of my pop-up card designs, which uses the same “mechanism” as the card from my previous post here.

It took two tries to get this card cut because of the same issue—the air assist blows paper bits across the paths that are yet to be cut. I have to sequence the cuts to help minimize this from happening. Any suggestions from the community would be welcome.

I continue to be impressed with the Glowforge.
Cut time: around 7 minutes.

32 Likes

Lovely! :grinning:

You can create a cheap cutting mat that holds down the paper until you remove it by spraying a nice flat piece of scrap plywood or draftboard with a couple of coats of Krylon #7020 Repositionable Spray Adhesive and letting it dry.

It’s cheap, nothing is going to move, and when the stickiness eventually poops out, you can refresh it with another spray.

12 Likes

Perfect solution

3 Likes

Very cool design!

1 Like

This is so cute … what a fun scene!

Do let us know when you get your shop set up to sell designs!

That is a great idea. I’m going to try that. I would need to adjust the material thickness to be both the draft board, plus the paper stock, right?

1 Like

Technically correct. However, you may want to just select draft board as your material and then enter your own manual settings without a height adjustment. The focal point difference between draft board and draft board + spray adhesive + paper in your final results may not be noticeable. Or it may. Only one way to find out.

1 Like

wow!

I am stunned at the detail and 3D look of this!

Too cool! I still try to wrap my head around popups.