Parametric Globe/Ball Stand - Fusion 360

Well, to be fair, since Fusion 360 is supposed to be mostly cloud model, it does a bunch of stuff differently than you’re used to with any other productivity app particularly opening files. Plus the viewer doesn’t have a whole lot of hints that it isn’t the real deal if you haven’t seen it before.

Well, technically there’s a browser version. It even works sometimes.

2 Likes

I love this design. I’m not very good with Fusion, and apparently worse with Fusion files. I cannot seem to get this file from the screen to my Glowforge to make this.

Ha ha. I tried 360 and haven’t tried again. I went ahead and used illustrator.

10 Likes

My daughter stole it from me for her moss ball and added the ribbon.

4 Likes

Here is the SVG I used. It was a little loose, but I was fine with glue. Pretty easy to make in illustrator.

flower-bowl

9 Likes

Was going for the parametric, especially since my sphere is 40mm and I was using Inventables zebrawood.

I just updated the file, give it a shot.

There is a new component at the bottom of the list called “DXF Export” and inside that is a Sketch called “NOT Kerf Adjusted”. If you right-click on the name of the sketch you can select the option to “Save as DXF”. Save the DXF file after you have changed parameters for size, material thickness, the number of legs you want, etc.

From there you need to open the DXF file in Inkscape, Illustrator, CorelDRAW, etc. to not only save an SVG format file, but to duplicate the legs as well.

2 Likes

@mpipes did yah ever figure it out?

I have a crystal ball that I was given to me for cool photography projects, but just sits on a shelf. This will class it up a bit. Thanks.

No I have not messed with it much further, promptly forgotten about and filed under “meh priority” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very Cool!