True, it can be messy, but I’m the only one who sees it. (Unless I post a screen shot as an example somewhere, and forget to turn everything I don’t need off.)
One thing that is a bit of bother…you do have to remove the supporting structure path once you have exported the DXF, and let me tell you, they are CLOSE together with a kerf this small. Very easy to grab the wrong one for removal.
Just one more step though. Frankly doing corner rounding on cut files in AI to keep the blade from hanging up was a lot more tedious. Depending on the file, there could be hundreds of them to deal with. (Another reason to go for the Xtream Path plugin, which deals with that all in one swoop.)
Already got a couple of those cookin’!
I want to see the results of these tests to decide whether or not the pursuit of kerf makes sense for those kinds of files. If it’s negligible, I’m gonna drop the issue like a hot potato, and let someone else who cares more about it figure out how to go about doing it best.
I’ve figured out a way to kerf-adjust if it becomes necessary, so that’s all I need for now. I can see using a kerf adjustment for a few types of files - inlay work being the prime candidate, maybe some transparent acrylic work where I want parts to snap together instead of using glue, but even those are going to take further thought and testing, to keep the acrylic from splitting due to a too-tight fit. (dogbones, probably, but I plan to test corner rounding as well to distribute the stress in the corners)
Other than that…I’ve got a loaded glue gun and I’m not afraid to use it! Chuckle!
This is the interesting part. Once everybody knows what they’re doing it gets boring fast.