Pass-through error message

Has anyone else had the error message come up ‘print unsuccessful’ when they try and do a pass through cut? The error message suggests aligning manually but it hasn’t cut anything yet! And how did they resolve. (please note the machine will cut shapes when it’s not in passthrough mode). I’ve tried the smooth curves file from glowforge as a test but it has the same error.

1 Like

I can easily imagine that it might not have enough data to assure alignment. I use a system that I did before there was pass-through. I break the design into ~10" pieces so they break at specific locations that are 90 degrees or do not connect where (unlike regular passthrough) they don’t have to be in the same line.

Then I line up the material against the right-hand rail so that holds the horizontal and the rotation fixed. Then at each cut, you have only the vertical to worry about. If you keep to the right-hand rail and only use the vertical arrow keys to move the design, the vertical is all you change.

Done this way I have more flexibility as a one mm error will not show as it will if the line is other than vertical or the break is unnecessary as it frequently is the case.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.