Pass through errors

What Danielle is saying is that your failed design needs a few more details to work.

The image is cut and aligned by comparing features on it, and if there are not enough features, it can have a hard time deciding how to connect the sections.

Place a couple of scored Stars (or whatever) on the outside of your design, approximately where you anticipate the cut between sections will happen… like this:

That gives the program something to use for alignment.

2 Likes

HI @juan.p.mendez1289. I see you’ve been troubleshooting some issues with Passthrough alignment with recent prints. I also see that you have been help by some of my fellow team members to address this with any suggestions and troubleshooting. I appreciate your patience and time working with us to resolve this, and have reviewed the thread to help out with next steps.

First, I saw @jules have some great advice and visuals to help clarify the request of adding small features to the design or material in order to assist the alignment for each Passthrough remainder section. This is a best next step to try since it gives the Glowforge more to work with as it maps out and aligns the next portion of a Passthrough print design.

Next, if you’d like, we have a test print called the Smooth Curves Stencil Design that you can run to gauge any continued Passthrough alignment issues. I have included the link below:

https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260802043049-Print-the-Smooth-Curves-Stencil-Design

Let me know any results of the test print, or if the previous suggestions of adding small features to help your design print was able to work. Thank you!

1 Like