PASS THROUGH PRINT EXPIRED over and over!

printer keeps says print expired, it is wasting too much material and these forum boards are so useless. they state a problem, they ask you to clean it and take pictures of parts, close the topic! no resolution is posted. why waste the time making these boards! post complete resolutions to issues so other users can figure out what was done to correct the issue rather than use GF tech support on another platform!
ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE???

Welcome to the forum.

I see that you have been an owner for over a year. I suspect that the 12 minutes you have read lately have shown you that pass through fails occur for several reasons. Sometimes the design needs additional points for the software to identify so alignment can occur. Sometimes optics need to be cleaned. Occasionally ambient light can be a problem as can an unstable wifi connection. Glowforge support does not monitor this forum, so you will need to contact them directly. Until you get a solution for your situation, I suggest using cardboard until you work out your issue. There is no good reason to waste materials if the problem is persistent.

4 Likes

I have cleaned everything, the router is showing a strong connection to both wifi conections on the GF. I have covered the lid of the GF to block all light. still not working,

you think if i add some long lines of engraved through the print it would help add points for it to connect??

Maybe not long lines, but targets of some sort in the margins.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.