Passthrough slot Beta is terrible

This beta version of the passthrough slot is infuriating. I have run 15 cuts/engravings and it was able to complete a single time. I had to manually align the last cut as well. I definitely would not have bought the pro had I known that it was this useless. Where can I sell this thing on the used market?

Since the Passthrough software is still in beta, you’ll want to report problems that you want assistance with on the Beta thread so the engineers see it.

(Usually helps to show some pictures of the trouble that you are running into, so they can analyze it and others can make suggestions that might help you out.)

2 Likes

The normal places. Ebay, Craigslist. Even during a pandemic you’ll likely have no problem selling it quickly at a reasonable price. You’ll also probably find people here who know somebody who will want to purchase it. Open a thread in the Everything Else category and I bet you’ll get takers that same day.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble with your Glowforge when utilizing the Passthrough software. Are you noticing any alignment trouble when performing a regular print inside of your Glowforge’s bed?

The advice @Jules provided may be helpful if the community has provided any suggestions related to the behavior you are seeing as well.

I’d like to extract the log files from your Glowforge to review the print where you noticed the alignment trouble. Would it be possible to obtain a date and time of the print you noticed the error with?

We’ll review the log files, and provide any additional steps after review.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.