PassThrough

Well, now our Pro is delivered and installed. Today I used the pass throu, which didn’t make me happy. Is this part still undergoing massive development or is it something you have to live with?
It begins that the file must be produced to the desired size and thus from a file e.g. three files become. The software could only use the corresponding section to laser it. If the material is moved forward, the software should be able to detect the new position and thus continue to laser.
Moreover, no matter how well you place what you cut with the camera, it is guaranteed not to fit exactly!

Did I do something wrong? Is there still improvement in sight here or do I have to live with it (hopefully not, this was the reason for the pro and also for the Glowforge)!

There is an alignment algorithm under development. :slightly_smiling_face:

Until then, several of us have figured out how to get excellent results through manipulation in our design software. I’ll post the links below:

And a bit more detail in this discussion:

2 Likes

Thanks for the collection of links. This was almost the solution used. However, the result is not really satisfactory. Wouldn’t it be possible that the laser head would have to have a camera in order to continue working cleanly?
But is this area still under development or almost ready, I hope not?

It is still under development. We do not know when it will be completed.

Thanks for the answer @jules, that’s correct. And I apologize for the late follow up @blgp.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!