Patent Application Engraving

I found some new (to me) acrylic on Amazon the other day and long story short decided to test it out with a couple of patent application engravings.

The pieces are 5 x 7. The engraving worked great with standard settings, I had to make a second pass on the cut but other than that everything worked as expected on these test pieces.

The material link is here:

No affiliation on the link, just thought I’d share. You can hardly go wrong for the price.

31 Likes

My first reaction was to be unimpressed, until I realised that it wasn’t paper sitting there.
I love this, I’m doing this, thanks for the material link!

5 Likes

Put it in my cart last night. Checked this morning and stock was disappearing. Have to move quickly around here.

4 Likes

Cool stuff, and the drawings turned out great!

2 Likes

Kewl! :grinning:

2 Likes

That"s because we all see the same link :slight_smile: and think the same thing…

5 Likes

LOL. No worries, that is actually my first reaction too. Mostly posted just to provide a link to the materials for people.

Yeah, that isn’t the first time this forum has done that to a supplier.

Bingo! The price is right for experimenting.

Thanks. This was the cleanest engraving acrylic I’ve tried, and after the second cut a quick wipe with IPA (not the beer :beer: ) took the bit of soot off no problem.

Thanks @Jules :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the link Rocket man! I like the subject :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks. Next test will be sheet one of Patent 3,001,739 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks fantastic!! Thanks for the link.

3 Likes

This stuff costs a LOT more at Inventables, thanks for the link! $2.44 for a piece is great.

Oh – this is ABS, not acrylic. Maybe that explains the price difference. Have you tried cutting it yet?

2 Likes