PDF files not recognized

Every time I try to make a pdf and bring it into glowforge, it won’t recognize the cut lines. I do 3 different colors, 1 for cut, 1 for engrave, and 1 for score, but it keeps saying that there is masking. I have tried making a pdf in word, powerpoint and keynote with the same results. What am I doing wrong?

The GFUI doesn’t recognize clip masks, but usually you can ignore that message and still be able to print the job.

Are your cut lines drawn as vectors, or are they part of a bitmap? Bitmaps can only be engraved; you need vector art to cut or score.

I always recommend that people take the time to go through the First Three Prints tutorials that popped up when you finished your GF setup, because they will answer a lot of these questions and help you skip past the frustration that a lot of people go through trying to figure it out on their own. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I appreciate the guide to our tutorial, @geek2nurse! @dalziel, of those three prints specifically, may I recommend you follow this link here to try to create a gift tag? It’ll guide you step by step, in creating your own design in Inkscape. If you are still having trouble with your design, please post it here or email it to support@glowforge.com. We’re happy to take a look!

2 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.